Crypton® Outdoor offers superior protection against stains, mold, mildew, and the damaging effects of the sun and moisture on outdoor furniture. Perfect for all outdoor applications, Crypton Outdoor is specially formulated to adjust to all types of weather extremes. Even when cushions are left out in the rain, water simply beads up and rolls off, allowing the cushions to be used again without the standard rain-delay. It’s a principal reason why Crypton is the preferred choice of many leading outdoor furniture providers, such as Gloster and Tropitone.
Crypton’s Superior Performance Features Come Standard
- Minimum 1,000 hours of UV protection
- Extreme stain repellency and soil release make cleaning easy, even on oil-based stains
- Permanent, breathable protection built into every fiber
- Integrated non-porous moisture barrier with 5 year warranty
- Enhanced anti-fungal protection for outdoor use
- Inhibits the growth of odor-causing elements
- Disinfectable when used in conjunction with our EPA-registered Crypton Disinfectant & Deodorizer
- Bleach cleanable on select fiber types (see Cleaning & Care for specific cleaning instructions)
- Full field support and a full line of best-in-class upholstery cleaning products
- Synthetic and natural fiber options
- Passes ACT heavy duty specifications and Wyzenbeek 50,000 (min.) double rubs
- Passes flammability requirements for contract upholstery. Can be specified to pass more stringent flammability requirements (see Tech Specs for details)
- Processed at our plant in Kings Mountain, NC
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified technology
- Environmentally preferable chemistry
- Closed-loop industrial processes that cycle waste back into production
- 100 percent of fabric scraps recycled into shoddy
- Free of potentially harmful levels of VOCs, PFOS, PFOA, formaldehyde, heavy metals, phenols, phthalates, and skin sensitizers
- No halogenated flame retardants (FRs), no PBDEs
- Contributes to the LEED-CI credit for Low-Emitting Materials
- Renewable energy and carbon offset credits
- Processed at our plant in Kings Mountain, NC, a SCS Validated Facility, meeting prerequisites and points in the ANSI/NSF336 Fact standard.
How It's Made
Skilled designers and engineers craft new looks and textures to meet Crypton specifications for durability. Fabrics are pre-tested to ensure all required heavy-duty performance standards can be achieved.
Thousands of yards of approved fabric are delivered to Crypton’s plant in Kings Mountain, NC from our network of licensed US mills.
Bolts of fabric are sewn together and guided onto rollers to advance through the complete immersion bath process, which coats each fiber of fabric with our patented Crypton formula.
A membrane foundation layer is applied to the backing to ensure the fabric is waterproof.
Combined with high temperatures, the electronegative and polar-covalent molecules in our formula are activated for maximum repellency of oil- and water-based liquids. During the drying process the water-borne polymer disperses to encapsulate each fiber while crosslinking functional groups permanently bind the chemistry to the fabric.
An impenetrable moisture barrier is integrated to the back of the fabric, imparting hydrostatic and chemical resistance so that liquids cannot pass through. The low glass transition temperature of the networked, polymeric barrier ensures fabric hand is maintained.
Fabric goes through our inspection process, where trained staff scrutinizes every inch of fabric coming off the line before separating it into bolts to be sent off to our many distributors.
Crypton high performance barrier products are so revolutionary in providing consistent performance standards that we can provide the following guarantee:
Crypton, Inc. guarantees Crypton for use in indoor upholstered furniture for sixty (60) months from the date of purchase. We will replace the fabric or refund the purchase price of the fabric if Crypton fails to perform in normal use as a liquid barrier.
This warranty supersedes any and all other warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular use. This warranty does not cover damages or decreased performance related to punctures, tears, or excessive wear. This warranty also is not applicable to color loss or improper furniture manufacturing or design which results in unsealed seams or holes in the fabric. Hi-Tex disclaims all liability for incidental or consequential damage including, but not limited to, fabrication or installation costs.
We hope you enjoy your Crypton fabric and look forward to serving all your fabric needs!