Our experts developed a remarkable solution for our clients who are looking for fluorine-free protection from water-based stains. Crypton’s other finishes and fabric technologies round out our offerings to stain and moisture protection, and C-Zero® offers better water-based stain resistance than any other fluorine-free finish on the market. Awarded Interior Design magazine’s Best of Year Award for Green Innovation.
Stain resistance is an important element to consider in the longevity of a product because it reduces the need for replacement, and consequently the generation of waste, over time. Thus, an environmentally responsible fabric solution involves some level of stain resistance to ensure a lengthy and fruitful product life. There are many steps along the way to environmental excellence, which is why we’re proud to offer C-Zero as another excellent option for responsible specifications!
Where To Use C-Zero?
While we’ve found that C-Zero is a top performer in its class of fluorine-free finishes, it’s not right for every application. C-Zero is great at repelling drink spills but is not resistant to oil-based stains, so it should only be considered for select environments to ensure the best results over time.
How To Clean C-Zero?
C-Zero can be cleaned using a mild soap solution. Just like other fabrics, all soap residues must be washed from the surface to ensure the finish continues to perform. It may take a little more elbow grease than cleaning our Crypton, INCASE, or Nanotex treated fabrics, but in the class of fluorine-free finishes, C-Zero is the best!
Crypton’s Superior Performance Features Come Standard
- Built-in stain repellency makes cleaning easier
- Lifelong protection built into every fiber
- Full field support and a full line of best-in-class, safe cleaning products
- Synthetic and natural fiber options
- Enhanced abrasion resistance
- Passes flammability requirements for contract upholstery (see Tech Specs for details)
- Processed at our plant in Kings Mountain, NC
- Greenguard Gold Certified technology
- Fluorine-free formula
- Environmentally-preferable chemistry
- Closed-loop industrial processes that cycle waste back into production
- 100 percent of fabric scraps recycled into shoddy
- Free of potentially harmful levels of VOCs, PFOS, PFOA, formaldehyde, heavy metals, phenols, phthalates, and skin sensitizers
- No halogenated flame retardants (FRs), no PBDEs
- Contributes to the LEED for Healthcare credit for Furniture and Medical Furnishings
- Renewable energy and carbon offset credits