As resilient as they are stain-resistant, Crypton fabrics are made to hold up to frequent cleaning. There’s a reason that over 1.5 million yards of Crypton fabrics have been installed in major hotel and restaurant installations as well as healthcare environments, offices and other public places. These high-traffic areas require regular cleanings of both their hard and soft surfaces. Even Crypton Home fabrics, specially designed for residential use, can be cleaned as often as desired and never lose their ability to resist stains, spills and odors. That’s because the performance technology in Crypton fabrics occurs at a molecular level. The performance properties become a part of the character of the fibers themselves, so their protective nature is inherent and can never wash or wear away.
The following extraction cleaning method for stain removal can be used for most medium or ground-in stains and for overall maintenance:
- Prepare the upholstery using the spot-cleaning method to pre-treat any spots. Vacuum the upholstery to remove any loose debris.
- Prepare a cleaning solution by reading the instructions on the chosen extraction concentrate bottle to include the proper dilution ratio.
- Pour the solution into the tank.
- Apply solution to fabric by spraying with the upholstery wand sprayer.
- Vacuum up the solution with the upholstery wand vacuum nozzle.
- Allow fabric to air-dry.
- If any stains remain, repeat the process (some stains are more difficult to remove than others).
Did you know?
Crypton offers an extraction cleaning service under the Crypton Care Cleaning Program (pdf). Our client and national restaurant chain, P.F. Chang’s, tell us this really helps them stay on top of a semi-annual maintenance schedule to keep their upholstery fresh and new looking. We also offer a variety of cleaning products, including an extraction machine, for sale in the Crypton Store. Lastly, the Crypton Outreach Team is standing by to support you or your clients on any questions, cleaning, specification or otherwise, regarding Crypton fabrics, starting pre-spec and for the life of your installation. In short, we’re here to help!
For more information, contact the Crypton Care Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.CRYPTON.